Belize Whale Shark Diving at Gladden Spit, the Belize Barrier Reef, Great Value with our Accommodation and Scuba Diving Packages, in Placencia.
Splash Dive Center can customize your stay with a variety of accommodation providers in the beautiful village of Placencia or near Hopkins during your stay in Southern Belize on one of our Belize Gladden Spit Whale Shark diving packages. Gladden Spit is famous for the majestic whale sharks that come at certain times of the year to feed and Splash Dive Center can offer you a high probability encounter with these creatures. You can read more on this page about our Whale shark dives and also here about the famous Gladden Spit near Placencia in Southern Belize. These packages are a resort divers delight, and for accompanying non-divers we can offer Whale shark snorkeling trips as well.
Splash Dive Center ‘Belize Whale Shark’ packages offer the highest probability of Whale Shark diving at Gladden Spit, Belize.
2017 Belize Whale Shark diving package dates:
- March 12th to March 24th
- April 11th to April 23rd
- May 10th to May 22nd
- June 9th to June 21st
The best months for whale shark diving are April and May. Please note the encounter success rate is lower in March than in other months so we do not pre-book guests for whale shark diving for the March whale shark moon. We monitor the whale shark zone in March and if whale sharks are there and divers want to go, we will take them. We do not pre-book guests for June either as while the encounter rate can be very high, June can be windy in Belize – our boats can handle the weather conditions but the boat ride can be rough and getting back onto the boat can be difficult so we may have to cancel or delay the trip.
The Belize Whale shark package includes:
- Round-trip flight between Belize City and Placencia or Dangriga
- Land transfers between Placencia or Dangriga Airstrip and Hotel
- Accommodations at any of the resorts listed below (see individual pricing)
- 7 nights/8 day stay
- 3 days of Whale shark diving at Gladden Spit
- 2 days of diving on Belize Barrier
- 1 inland tour
- Whale shark dives includes, 2 tanks, weights, licensed guide, park entrance fee, lunch and taxes
Rates are per person based on double occupancy, except as indicated, and are in US dollars.
Our accommodations range from economical to the very best of high end luxury suites and apartments, but we recommend an early reservation as these resort diving packages and rooms are often booked up months in advance.
The Whale shark package includes accommodation options at the following;
- Sea Spray Hotel US$21550 Fully booked for April whale shark moon season
- Sea Glass Inn US$2155
- Paradise Hotel US$ 2195
- Caribbean Cabanas US$2660 Fully booked for April and May whale shark moon seasons
- Los Porticos US$ 2880
- Chabil Mar Villas US$3420
- Jaguar Reef Resort US$ 2660
- Almond Beach Resort US$ 2660
Contact us for specific information and to arrange a reservation.