Belize September Celebrations |Belize’s Patriotic Colors: Red, White and Blue showcased
The month of September is time for a joyful celebration. On this month patriotism shines bright, as everyone shares in the joy of celebrating their homeland. Events are scheduled throughout the month with the opening of the National Song Competition held in the old capital, Belize. The song competition is held in August and is in preparation for September. Everyone has a chance to submit a unique song based solely on their patriotism to the country. New talents are discovered as everyone participates in making September a joyful and memorable one celebrating Belize’s independence.
In 1964 Belize gained full independence from Britain and it was on this day that its name went from British Honduras to Belize. Although Independence Day is celebrated on September 21st the entire month is filled with events in celebration of the struggle and hardship the country endured. If you are interested in visiting Belize in September here are a few events worth attending:
- Queen of the Bay Pageant 2015 – August 29th
- Official Opening of the 2015 Celebrations at St. George’s Caye – August 30th
- Carnival Mas Camp – September 2nd
- St George’s Caye Day Citizen’s Parade – September 10th
- Carnival J’ouvert – September 12th
- Carnival Road March – September 12th
- Independence Day Official Ceremony – September 21st
- Independence Day Parade
Celebrate with locals and experience dynamic and diverse cultures only in Belize.
Let our staff at Splash Dive Center Belize help you start planning your Belize Vacation. Call us at or email Patricia Ramirez at email@example.com for more details.